Pastor Jeff Departs on Christmas Day to Moldova and Ukraine
As you celebrate the birth of Jesus, Pastor Jeff will be on his way to Moldova and Ukraine to minister with our partner churches and ministries. The Holiday season is a great time to share the Good News concerning Jesus in word and deed. The Christmas season goes through January 7th in Eastern Europe, followed by New Year, which goes through January 14th. This season, many people are open to the Gospel. It is a great time to share and show the love of Jesus. Your prayers for Kingdom Bridges and this winter trip are greatly appreciated. Use this as a guide to pray for Kingdom Bridges and Pastor Jeff's upcoming mission. Your prayers make a big differnece.
Ministry at holy trinity and summit center
The first weekend on the ground will be spent with Holy Trinity Church in Chishinau. The church is led by Pastor Nelu and his wife Olesea. The church is reaching the largest unreached group in Modova, young people in their under 40. They are growing fast, seeing many young Moldovans coming to faith in Jesus. Pastor Jeff will bring in the new year with them teaching, training, and preaching. Pray for those coming to hear and those that will be reached.
The Summit Center is housed on the top floor of Holy Trinity Church. While with Holy Trinity, Pastor Jeff will meet with the leadership to discuss launching the Center in the fall of 2024. The Summit Center is focused on Moldova's most vulnerable people group, orphaned and at-risk teens aging out of places of care. Many of these young people have residential places of care during their childhood. As they age, they age out; most are not prepared to live self-sufficient lives. A vast majority of them end up trafficked, imprisoned, or commit suicide. The great need is getting the teens prepared, employed, and able to live independently. They also need a spiritual family and church to walk with them.
The Summit Center aims to provide resources for at-risk and orphaned teens to prepare them for life independently in a caring Christian community. Pray for these meetings and the financial support to finish and launch the Center in Fall 2024. Pray for Pastor Jeff and the leader as they meet, plan, and prepare for this goal. The need is great! We just had 70 children released from an orphanage we've been ministering for over a year. Most of these young people did not have safe places to land.
ministry in ukraine
After the first weekend in Moldova, Pastor Jeff will be joined by Pastor Tony Meinhardt, and they will go to Ukraine to serve alongside our partner churches. Kingdom Bridges has 30 churches in our network. These churches are leading the way in ministering to their communities. We call this bridge Serve Ukraine. These 30 churches minister to thousands every month. Our second B4 Winter container arrived last week. Our team will join our churches in ministry in seven locations. They will distribute winter items at the location, give presents to the children, and give care packages to the elderly. The Ukrainian people still endure war; the situation has not improved and, in many ways, is worse. Almost two years with a crippled economy, along with war, is causing the people to grow weary. While ministering in deed, Pastor Jeff and Tony will share the hope of Jesus. Pray for them and our leaders as they travel throughout Ukraine. Pray for the people being ministered to. They will be encouraged and strengthened. Pray for our pastors and churches on the ground. We will meet with them to encourage, equip, and support these brave servants of the Lord. These ministry points will occur during the Eastern Orthodox Christmas. The photos below show a scene that is occurring throughout Ukraine. There is a powerful move of God taking place. Pray for revival to spread throughout Ukraine and all of Eastern Europe.
final prayer needs
- Pray for gathering with Baptist Union Pastors and Missionaries.
- Pray for meetings with Ion Miron's church and three new church plants.
- Pray for a conference with the newly developing PATH network. This network is in conjunction with Summit Center. We are bringing together residential ministries, along with life skills and job training, to work together to begin a ministry that provides the resources to give at-risk teens/orphans the opportunity to live self-sufficient, abundant lives. This conference and the network have the potential to rescue thousands of at-risk teens. Please join in praying everything works together toward implementation.
- Pastor Jeff will return back to Ukraine in the final days before coming home to work with network churches in providing a ministry to teens in the afternoons and evenings. Many teens in Ukraine are fatherless, have missed lots of school, and are dealing with stress from two years of war. We are working on opening centers throughout Ukraine that address these needs. Some will open in the war zones. Pray for these meetings and the resources needed to get this ministry off the ground.
- As you can see, the Lord is moving powerfully through Kingdom Bridges. In the last weeks of the year, many will consider making a year-end gift. Pray that there will be an outpouring of generosity. Many of the plans you are praying for hinge on the generosity of our donors. Join us in praying for a good year-end offering.